||Registration deadline Winter Session 2, courses begin January 29
||Registration deadline Spring Session 1, courses begin March 5
||Registration deadline Spring Session 2, courses begin March 19
||Registration deadline Spring Session 3, courses begin May 21
Certificate in Nonprofit Management
CERTIFICATE IN NONPROFIT MANAGEMENT COURSES
Marketing Management: Telling Your Organization’s Story
|This course examines the critical elements of the marketing process as it relates to nonprofit organizations. Throughout this course you will learn how the development of a strong brand and image can effectively communicate and position your messages to the media and public at large.
This intensive five-week course explores the following topics:
• How working knowledge of the marketing process can benefit your organization
• Ways image development and positioning can be used to market nonprofit organizations
• Marketing strategies and appropriate tactic selection to achieve success
• Using “public relations” as an effective marketing tool
• Incorporating marketing practices and principles into social media
Special features of this course:
• A weekly Resource Center provides carefully tailored readings and other resources
• “Studio” activities provide opportunities for new and experienced practitioners to cultivate practical skills
• Original case studies and problem-based learning activities
• In-depth weekly discussions on the real-life challenges and opportunities of marketing management
• Small class size of 25 participants
What you and your organization will gain from this course:
• Define your organization’s "product" and discern whether it aligns with the needs/wants of the market
• Determine the organizational “brand” and define the competition
• Decide who will use your product and which media outlets can best reach those markets the most cost-effectively
• Strategize ways promotional techniques can be used to reach different markets
• Explain how nonprofits can work with news media in crisis situations
• Compare and contrast social media marketing with traditional approaches to marketing.
• Identify ways that social media marketing can integrate the best that traditional marketing has to offer.
This is an instructor-led course delivered entirely online. It is highly interactive and requires active participation on discussions boards and completion of assigned projects. We estimate spending an average of 8 – 10 hours per week on each Certificate in Nonprofit Management course. For this reason we highly recommend students participate in no more than two CNM courses at a time.
NOTE: This is a tech-enhanced course that requires access to Blackboard, a course management system used by UIC. In order to complete registration, you must submit proof of identity to secure your unique NetID (username).
More information on this process can be found on the Know More about Registering and Paying section of our Web site.