||Winter and Spring courses open for enrollment
||Registration deadline for Fall Session 3 courses
||Fall Session 3 courses begin
||Registration deadline Winter Session 1, courses begin January 15
Certificate in Nonprofit Management
CERTIFICATE IN NONPROFIT MANAGEMENT COURSES
Self-Care for Nonprofit Leaders: Building Personal Capacity for Service and Social Change
|This course is now part of the Certificate in Nonprofit Management Program!
Over the past ten years the online Certificate in Nonprofit Management has empowered more than 1000 individuals to build their organizations' capacity. In recent years we have all been asked to do more with less, and for many it has taken a toll. Self-Care for Nonprofit Leaders addresses personal capacity for service and social change. Learn to build your reserves and maintain your capacity to do the work you love.
This is a unique professional development opportunity for nonprofit professionals, volunteers, board members and anyone interested in balancing self-care and social change.
Sample Syllabus - subject to change at the instructor's discretion.
This intensive five-week course explores the following topics:
• Understanding self-care: luxury or lifeline in a burnout world?
• Developing your capacity for self-care: the stages of change
• Exploring strategies for work – life balance
• Applying strategies for self-care
• Naming and creating your personal self-care plan
Special features of this course:
• Learn with an experienced wellness coach in a small group online setting
• Explore holistic health practices and proactive change techniques in our online wellness studio
• Enjoy MP3 downloads of relaxation/guided imagery exercises
• Finish the course with a personalized resource guide and a network of peers that share similar goals
• Small class size of 25 participants
What you and your organization will gain from this course:
• How working or volunteering in the nonprofit sector can lead to diminished self care and why we don't talk about it
• How to apply a proven method for personal change in the quest for work-life balance
• How to REFRAME YOUR PASSION to include self-care and maintain the capacity to do the work you love
This is an instructor-led course delivered entirely online. It is highly
interactive and requires active participation on discussions boards and
completion of assigned projects. We estimate spending an average of 8 –
10 hours per week on each Certificate in Nonprofit Management course.
For this reason, we highly recommend students participate in no more
than two CNM courses at a time.
Note: This is a tech-enhanced course that requires access to Blackboard, a course management system used by UIC. In order to complete registration, you must submit proof of identity to secure your unique NetID (username). More information on this process can be found on the Know More about Registering and Paying section of our Web site.