College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
College of Liberal Arts and Sciences - Administration
UIC Sustainable Mobility Lecture Series
SMLS / Non-Credit Course
The world is on the brink of what might be the biggest mobility revolution ever! It has been predicted that the U.S. Transportation System has the ability to save $1 trillion, 2 billion barrels of oil, and 1 gigaton of carbon emissions annually. There is a convergence of multiple societal trends and technological advances that are all coming together to transform the way we see our transportation systems in the future. The transformation in the transportation industry will unlock unparalleled opportunities for entrepreneurs, businesses, cities, banks, architects, and many others.
This lecture series will provide insight into tomorrow’s transportation systems so that individuals can leverage this knowledge and understanding to their advantage. Prominent guest speakers from Chicagoland organizations will cover several of these advancements and trends including:
• Technological Advances - The changes leading us to Autonomous Electric Vehicles
• Emerging Mobility Trends - Ridesharing/Micro Transit and other societal trends currently taking place
• Infrastructure Challenges - The power grid and ways to bring all of these vehicles to market without overstressing it
• Global and Local Impacts - The overarching picture of how this will change society and what policies should be in place for it while also looking at business opportunities/risks
For additional information about the Lecture Series, please click here.
Pricing per lecture:
Students - $10 (enter promotional code in course cart: STU)
Nonprofit and public sector employees - $20 (enter promo code in course cart: NONP)
Corporations and industry employees - $40
All lecture registration fees must be paid before UIC Extended Campus can confirm a seat for you.
We recognize students may occasionally need to cancel their registration. To withdraw from a lecture, you must make a written request to our office (via e-mail or fax). Refunds will be issued per the schedule below:
- UIC Extended Campus notified in writing at least 15 business days before the lecture date - 100% refund, minus a $25 administrative fee
- UIC Extended Campus notified in writing between 5-10 business days before the lecture date - 75% refund
- UIC Extended Campus notified in writing fewer than 5 business days before the lecture date, but before 5 p.m. Central Time on the last business day before the course start date - 50% refund
We regret that we cannot provide any refunds for withdrawal requests received after 5 p.m. Central Time on the business day before lecture.
Non-attendance or non-participation does not constitute withdrawal.
Lectures are subject to cancellation if minimum enrollments are not met. In the event UIC Extended Campus cancels a lecture, students will be notified immediately and provided a full refund. UIC Extended Campus also the right to cancel or reschedule individual lectures as necessary, for example, due to instructor illness.
Contact Hours: 2.75